8 Days South Sudan Tour – Hiking Mountain Kenyeti in Imatong Forest Reserve
The tour takes to climbing south Sudan’s highest mountain. Mountain Kenyeti, in the Imatong Forest Reserve, is the highest mountain in South Sudan at 3187 meters (10,456 feet). The Imatong Forrest is unlike anywhere else in South Sudan with it semi-tropical montane forests. See our web page about the Imatong Forest. This adventure is for the person who can hike and carry a back pack of their clothes and bedding. We provide two base camps with cooks & tents.
Day 1 - Arrive into Juba and overnight. Day 2 - Transfer from Juba City to Torit
Day 3 - Proceed to Base Camp 2 Day 4 - Proceed with Hiking.
Day 5 - Hiking to the summit of Mountain Kenyeti Day 6 - Transfer from Base camp 2 to Base camp 1
Day 7 - Drive Back To Juba Capital City Day 8 - Departure
Jan 19 - Dec 25
pickup avaiable from airport, train and also cruise
- Meals and Bottled Water
- Local guides for the mountain trails
- All park fees and Photo permit
- Individual tent and mattress
- Showers and toilets
- Introduction letter to get your visa
- Full mobile kitchen
- Airport pick up and airport return
- 4x4 Tour Vehicles
- Cook and rain tarps, we provide all dishes, forks, cups.
- Airfare to Juba (see our page on this subject in this web site -"Flying To South Sudan")
- South Sudan visa and or entry letter
- Any health expenses or emergency evacuation costs
- Any costs for delays caused by airlines, weather, mud, political occurances, lost luggage
- Use of SAT phone at $4 a min. The base camps will have SAT phones as well as your guide.
- Bring a small flashlite for the nights.
- Bring good broken in walking boots or shoes with tread
- A change of good boot socks for each day walking.
Day 1-Arrive into Juba and overnight.
Today after registration with authority, if time allows you will have juba city tour or on the last day of your tour and finally overnight.
Day 2 – Transfer from Juba City to Torit
Have breakfast, Leave early morning for Torit, 190 miles to the east, and have lunch. Then drive south 60 kilometers to Katire, a former colonial logging camp. You will have an overnight at base camp 1, with tents, cook, showers and toilets. Here you can leave extra clothes and other items to reduce your backpack weight.
Day 3- Proceed to Base Camp 2
After breakfast Ultimate Wild Safaris guides will transfer you to base camp 2 that will be created the day before by our crew. This is more of a fly camp with rain tarps, cook.
Day 4 - Proceed with Hiking.
Have breakfast, then depart from base camp 2, ultimate wild safaris crew and cook will lead you on your hiking adventure to another camp. Stop in late afternoon and build camp for the night.
Day 5 - Hiking to the summit of Mountain Kenyeti
Have breakfast and then hike to the summit of Mountain Kenyeti by mid day. After exploring the summit, start down the mountain and reach location of base camp 2 that has been moved down the mountain by our crew.
Day 6 - Transfer from Base camp 2 to Base camp 1
Have breakfast with our crew of camp 2 following down the mountain to base camp 1 at Katire where the crew will have dinner and cold drinks waiting.
Day 7 - Drive Back To Juba Capital City
Have breakfast, then transfer back to Juba and spend night in a hotel.
Day 8 – Departure
Fly out of Juba capital city for home.