8 Days south Sudan Tour – Kidepo Valley national park
Across the international border between South Sudan and Uganda is the famous Kidepo Valley National Park of Uganda that is teaming with wildlife. There is only the non-fensed border between the two parks. While here you can visit the Didinga Hills and Lotuke Mountains, visit the tribal people of the area. Kidepo River in the dry season, that flows from south Sudan into Uganda.
Itinerary In Summary
Day 1 - Arrive into Juba City Day 2 - Transfer from Juba city To Torit Town.
Day 3 - Transfer to Lobira Day 4 –Transfer To the boarder of south Sudan and Uganda.
Day 5 –Transfer To the boarder of south Sudan and Uganda. Day 6 - Explore Kidepo Game Reserve
Day 7 -Transfer back to Tori. Day 8 – Torit to Airport for departure
Jan 19 - Dec 25
pickup avaiable from airport, train and also cruise
- All meals during the safari, while in our mobile camp and bottled Water, Ice makers.
- Individual tent with cot bed that has mattress, sheets, pillow (blankets or sleeping bags are not necessary)
- Mobile enclosed showers, toilets, towels and body & hair shower soap.
- All Park fees.and Photo permit
- Introduction letter to get your visa.
- Translators from the local tribal languages to English
- Drivers/guides that are knowledgeable about the wildlife and tribes
- Full mobile kitchen with chef and helper.
- Game viewing (most game viewing will be from the 4x4 vehicles, however there may be some short distance walking to reach particular areas).
- Visits to tribal villages for photography and purchasing artifacts.
- 220 and 110 volt Power takes offs to charge camera batteries
- Shaded dining area with camp chairs, tables and lanterns.
- Rechargeable Lanterns
- 4x4 vehicles from Juba airport to Juba airport. Most of the parks in South Sudan have no roads so we navigate by GPS when searching for wildlife.
- Laundry as weather permits.
- Armed Forest Rangers guides
- Airfare to Juba (see our page on this subject in this web site -"Flying To South Sudan")
- South Sudan Visa (see our page on this subject in this web site - "Visas, Entry Permits...")
- Entry letter to Board the aircraft to Juba (see our page on this subject in this web site) (the entry letter is not necessary if you have a visa)
- Any health expenses for illness or accident including malaria prevention, yellow fever inoculation, hospitalization, doctor consultations, emergency evacuation costs.
- Check with your health insurance if you are covered while traveling, if not we recommend you obtain health insurance while you are in Southern Sudan.
- Any costs for delays caused by airlines, weather, mud, political occurrences, lost luggage. (such as extra charges for: hotels, meals, taxis, airline fees to change tickets)
- Any costs for rescheduling such as if you’re arriving in Juba early or departing later of the scheduled dates.
- Hard liquor
- Use of SAT phone in camp $4 usd per minute
Day 1 - Arrive into Juba City
On your arrival, you will have meet and great, thereafter you will guided to the Customs and Immigration office in Juba and then transferred to your hotel for relaxation.
Day 2 - Transfer from Juba city To Torit Town.
Have breakfast, and then drive direct to Torit town. It is 3-4 hours drive depending on road conditions.
Day 3 – Transfer to Lobira
Have breakfast, then drive to Lobira on the main road and turn south to Nagishot. Driving along the western edge of the Didinga Hills. About a 3-4 hour drive depending on road conditions. Pass through Toposa and Jie villages.
Accommodation: Mobile camp for the night.
Day 4 – Transfer To the boarder of south Sudan and Uganda.
Drive to the border of South Sudan with Uganda, within Kidepo Valley Game reserve. Pass through Boya tribal villages. About 2 to 3 hours drive depending on road conditions. Accommodation: Mobile camp for the Night.
Days 6 - Explore Kidepo Game Reserve.
Today marks the highlight of the tour, in the morning after breakfast you will have game viewing. Accommodation: mobile camp.
Day 7 -Transfer back to Tori.
Today after breakfast, you will be transferred from Kidepo national park to torit, the journey may take between 4-6 hours depending on the road. Accommodation: Mobile Camp.
Day 8 – Torit to Airport for departure
Have breakfast , then drive direct to Juba international airport, the journey may take 3 to 4 hours to have your flight back home, hence calling it end of south Sudan experience.