10 Days South Sudan Tour- Bird watching tour
10 Days South Sudan Birding Safari Tour – Bird Watching Tour.
10 Days South Sudan Tour - Bird Watching Tour|Birdwatching|South Sudan Birdwatching|South Sudan Birding Tours |South Sudan Birding Tour|Birding Tours|South Sudan Tours |South Sudan Birds| South Sudan Bird Watch|10 Days South Sudan Birding Safari Tours – Bird Watching Tour.
South Sudan is bordering with Uganda to the south, in Uganda over 1000 different species of birds have been identified. Does this same number exist in South Sudan? We think so. This will be the first of many tours to identify the birds of South Sudan. At the same time, you will visit the tribes of Mundari, Toposa, Jie, and Dinka, and visit the great Sudd swamp the largest swamp.
Itinerary In Summary:
The tour takes you to the state of Jonglei on the west bank of the Nile River (75 km north of Bor town – jongolei state city) where you will spend two days birding.
This is the southern edge of the great Sudd swamp. A-List 62 Birds in South Sudan that have been identified to date-
A-List 62 Birds in South Sudan that have been identified to date
- Rubus Chatterer
- White-rumped Babbler
- Kenya Violet-backed Sunbird
- Rock Pratincoles
- African white-backed Vultures
- Long-crested Eagle
- Marabou Stork
- Wahlberg’s Eagle
- Hooded Vulture
- Abyssinian Roller
- Black-breasted Barbet
- Greyish Eagle-Owl
- European Honey Buzzard
- White-winged terns
- Senegal thick-knees
- Rock pratincoles
- Abdim’s Stork
- Yellow-billed Stork
- Goliath Heron
- African Fish Eagle
- Golden Pipit
- Hemprich’s Hornbill
- Abyssinian Schmitarbill
- Boran Cisticola
- Fulvous Whistling-Duck
- White-faced Whistling-Duck
- Spur-winged Goose
- African Openbill
- Ermin’s Strike
- Purple Glossy-starling
- Bronze-tailed Glossy-Starling
- White-fronted Black Chat
- Bush Petronia
- Black-bellied Fire Finch
- Black-rumped Waxbill
- White Stork
- Saddle-billed Stork
- African Sacred Ibis.
- Glossy Ibis
- Cattle Egret
- Squacco Heron
- Sun Lark
- Red-pate Cisticola
- Foxy Cisticola
- Red-winged Grey Warbler
- Chestnut-crowned Sparrow-weaver
- Cinnamon Weaver
- Red-winged Pytilia
- Goliath Heron
- Purple Heron
- Great White Egret
- Great White Pelican
- Pink-back Pelican
- Long-tailed Cormorant
- Fox Kestral
- Black Crowned-Crane
- Red-throated Bee-Eater
- Yellow-billed Strike.
- PLEASE NOTE: This tour can be organized in more than 10 days to 12 days or combined with south Sudan tribes
Jan 19 - Dec 25
pickup avaiable from airport, train and also cruise
- All meals during the safari, while in our mobile camp and bottled Water, Ice makers.
- Individual tent with cot bed that has mattress, sheets, pillow (blankets or sleeping bags are not necessary)
- Mobile enclosed showers, toilets, towels and body & hair shower soap.
- All Park fees.and Photo permit
- Introduction letter to get your visa.
- Translators from the local tribal languages to English
- Drivers/guides that are knowledgeable about the wildlife and tribes
- Full mobile kitchen with chef and helper.
- Game viewing (most game viewing will be from the 4x4 vehicles, however there may be some short distance walking to reach particular areas).
- Visits to tribal villages for photography and purchasing artifacts.
- 220 and 110 volt Power takes offs to charge camera batteries
- Shaded dining area with camp chairs, tables and lanterns.
- Rechargeable Lanterns
- 4x4 vehicles from Juba airport to Juba airport. Most of the parks in South Sudan have no roads so we navigate by GPS when searching for wildlife.
- Laundry as weather permits.
- Armed Forest Rangers guides
- Airfare to Juba (see our page on this subject in this web site -"Flying To South Sudan")
- South Sudan Visa (see our page on this subject in this web site - "Visas, Entry Permits...")
- Entry letter to Board the aircraft to Juba (see our page on this subject in this web site) (the entry letter is not necessary if you have a visa)
- Any health expenses for illness or accident including malaria prevention, yellow fever inoculation, hospitalization, doctor consultations, emergency evacuation costs.
- Check with your health insurance if you are covered while traveling, if not we recommend you obtain health insurance while you are in Southern Sudan.
- Any costs for delays caused by airlines, weather, mud, political occurrences, lost luggage. (such as extra charges for: hotels, meals, taxis, airline fees to change tickets)
- Any costs for rescheduling such as if you’re arriving in Juba early or departing later of the scheduled dates.
- Hard liquor
- Use of SAT phone in camp $4 usd per minute